Monday, January 9, 2017

Product Blog: Cosmic Shimmer Misters



Welcome fellow Paper Crafters!!

Just want to fire off a quick blog on one of my favorite mixed media products. Cosmic Shimmer Mists and Vintage Mists. They are water-based spray using mica powders as the color base and, as the label says "creates amazing shimmering effects".

Here are a few cards I did this weekend where I needed a shimmer effect:



This card, using the latest Frantic Stamper Koi Fish die (FRA10068) and a previous release of the "bubble" panel (FRA9413), was colored using stamp pad inks (Colorbox Mini orange) so I could get a really deep orange color. But the ink is matte and I needed, of course, an iridescence for the fish as well as the water. Before I assembled the card, I gave an all-over mist with the Pearl Cosmic Shimmer Mist (CSM04).







Likewise with Barney the Berner (TTLETL551). I colored using watercolor markers (Memento) and wanted a bit of shimmer to create a snow-glistened effect. Again, I gave an all-over misting with the Pearl (CSM04), which gave the image a glisten.


On this card, I used the Cosmic Shimmer Cloud Inks (which I love, we'll get into the use of those at a later date). Masking off the "sun" I painted with the Lemon Meringue (CSCC56). Then the rest is sprayed using the Cosmic Shimmer Mist sprays (Antique green CSVMM07 & Egyptian blue (CSVMM04). I covered the sun with a mask and sprayed the balance of the card with the desired colors, then to smooth out the image a bit so the sun wasn't so pronounced, I gave the whole card an overall mist with the Tarnished Gold mister (CSVMM08). The stamp is a Marianne Designs Dandelion (TSC0837).



Until next time, happy crafting!!

Jenn

1 comment:

  1. Lahiri Kundu & company is a leading Pad Printing Ink Manufacturers in Delhi. Pad printing inks are usually used in printing products that are mainly done in industries. One of the biggest advantages of our inks is that they are made using the best materials which help to produce rich quality proper ink. As compared to other inks, this ink is considered the best for printing on any kind of product whether it has a curved or straight surface. We make sure to provide consistent high color ink that is specially made in order to suit the likes and preferences of the market and crowd.

    ReplyDelete